Monday, May 23, 2011

What are you reading? (#1)

It's Monday!  What Are You Reading is hosted by the lovely Sheila at Book Journey.  If you didn't know, it's a weekly meme to show what you've read, are currently reading, and plan to read soon.


Finished this past week...

                Haven by Kristi Cook


One month into her junior year, sixteen-year-old Violet McKenna transfers to the Winterhaven School in New York’s Hudson Valley, inexplicably drawn to the boarding school with high hopes. Leaving Atlanta behind, she’s looking forward to a fresh start--a new school, and new classmates who will not know her deepest, darkest secret, the one she’s tried to hide all her life: strange, foreboding visions of the future.

It took me a while to actually get into this book and although it is a bit predictable, it definitely had its good moments for me.






Starting this week...


Keeping the Moon by Sarah Dessen

Colie expects the worst when she's sent to spend the summer with her eccentric aunt Mira while her mother, queen of the television infomercial, tours Europe. Always an outcast -- first for being fat and then for being "easy" -- Colie has no friends at home and doesn't expect to find any in Colby, North Carolina. But then she lands a job at the Last Chance Cafe and meets fellow waitresses Morgan and Isabel, best friends with a loving yet volatile relationship. Wacky yet wise, Morgan and Isabel help Colie see herself in a new way and realize the potential that has been there all along  







I need to finish...


Wicked by Sara Shepard


I'm going to read next...
[help me choose!]

XVI by Julia Karr



                 Before I Fall by
                Lauren Oliver-





Pretty Dead by
Francesca Lia Block
                                                                                    Delirium by                                    Lauren Oliver




   



Thanks for stopping by.  So tell me...what are you reading?

                                        

7 comments:

  1. You have some seriously good books here. New follower.

    Here's mine:

    http://bookbelle0819.blogspot.com/2011/05/its-monday-what-are-you-reading_23.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have some great books there! I liked Delirium but couldn't finish Before I Fall. I have XVI on my TBR stack too. My Monday Report is here. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hopping by~
    I'm your newest follower!

    Great list! Been wanting to read Haven too!

    Here's my Monday list

    Also please check out our New Blog Badge + Program Launch here

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I've heard great things about Before I Fall. Can't wait to see what you think :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lots of people loved Delirium, I thought it showed potential but focussed too much on the love story.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I want to get Delirium so bad! Thanks for the follow. Im a new follower of you :)

    -Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello! I'm running a bit behind today, but I'm here to return the visit and the follow. I have got to get hold of a copy of Delirium. Maybe this weekend. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete