Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday #39

Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by, Breaking the Spine, which spotlights upcoming releases we can't wait to get our hands on!


Title: The Elementals
Author: Francesca Lia Block
Release Date: October 16th, 2012
Publisher: St. Martin's Press

The Elementals is on one level an intriguing coming-of-age novel about a young woman, Ariel Silverman, facing the challenges of her first years away at college in Berkeley, California, while her mother battles cancer at home in Los Angeles. But the book takes on deeper, stranger meanings when we realize that Ariel is haunted by the disappearance of her best friend, Jeni, who vanished without a trace a few years before, closing Ariel's heart and changing her forever. Ariel wonders if she will ever be fully alive, until she meets three mysterious, beautiful and seductive young people living in a strange old house in the Berkeley hills. Through them Ariel will unravel the mystery of her best friend's disappearance and face a chilling choice.

If you have never read a Francesca Lia Block book, I highly recommend you do so. She has many great ones to choose from and she's my favorite author, therefore I'm extremely excited that she has another book coming out this year!  

What awesome title are you waiting for this Wednesday?
By the way, I'm currently holding a giveaway for US/CAN residents.  Check it out and enter if you haven't already!

10 comments:

  1. I love the cover! I haven't heard about this book yet but it sounds creepy. Great pick!

    Waiting on Wednesday

    Lisa @ Shatterbooks

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't heard of this but it sounds good!

    My WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I adore the cover! And the story sounds great too! This is going on my TBR list! :D

    Here's My WoW post! 

    Btw....I'm a new follower!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't read any of her works before and I haven't heard of this book, so I'm going to check it out. Thanks!

    http://thedailyprophecy.blogspot.nl/2012/07/waiting-on-wednesday-16-lilith.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. It sounds amazing but I'm not sure if I'm going to read it. It's not my favorite genre and as good as it sounds there are just too many good books out there. Nice pick, though.
    Check out my WOW.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very mysterious...looking forward to the review!

    My WoW

    @TCAbn The Motley Chronicles

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, I've never heard of this one before! It sounds really good though and the cover is gorgeous! I'll have to add it to my TBR-Shelf!(:

    ~Keertana
    Ivy Book Bindings

    ReplyDelete
  8. I haven't read anything by this author yet but I've heard about her and have heard good things. I like the cover for this one.

    Sandy
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lovely cover! I haven't seen this one before, but I'll definitely be keeping an eye out for it. :) Great pick!

    Here's my WoW

    Randi @ Cardigans, Coffee and Bookmarks

    ReplyDelete