Thursday, December 31, 2015

Wrapping Up 2015 and January TBR


It's the last day of the year, and I'm a little sad to see it go, but excited to see where 2016 will take me next!  In April I returned to blogging after a year and a half.  Honestly, I thought I was going to quit for good, focus on different things, move on to something new.  I started out with a goal of reading 25 books throughout the year, as I wanted to ease back into blogging without much pressure.  As I completed my goal, I kept adding more to it.  Today I finished my 68th book of the year, which doesn't beat my record, but it's an accomplishment compared to the 5 books I read in the time I quit blogging.

I only went to one author event, but it was an amazing one!  I was lucky enough to be invited to have dinner with Renee Ahdieh in May, just after The Wrath & The Dawn released.  The food was delicious, the conversation was exciting, and we all fangirled over her amazing book, which is one of my favorites of the year.

Making more connections with other bloggers, authors, and publishers is probably the highest on my list of things I'm thankful for, and I hope that only continues to grow in the new year!

These are the books I've reviewed in 2015:
Divergent by Veronica Roth, Things We Know by Heart by Jessi Kirby, I Hate My Selfie by Shane Dawson, Exquisite Corpse by Penelope Bagieu, Lying Out Loud by Kody Keplinger, The Secrets of Attraction by Robin Constantine, On the Fence by Kasie West, The Distance Between Us by Kasie West, In Real Life by Cory Doctorow and Jen Wang, Paper Towns by John Green, The Cage by Megan Shepherd, Proof of Forever by Lexa Hillyer, The Wrath & The Dawn by Renee Ahdieh, The Cost of All Things by Maggie Lehrman, Between Us and The Moon by Rebecca Maizel, Magonia by Maria Dahvana Headley, The Night We Said Yes by Lauren Gibaldi, Tonight the Streets Are Ours by Leila Sales, A Million Miles Away by Lara Avery, 99 Days by Katie Cotugno, Jesse's Girl by Miranda Kenneally, Another Day by David Levithan, Vengeance Road by Erin Bowman, The Dead House by Dawn Kurtagich, Lock & Mori by Heather W. Petty, Dream Things True by Marie Marquardt, Juniors by Kaui Hart Hemmings, The Distance from Me to You by Marina Gessner, This Monstrous Thing by Mackenzi Lee, A Step Toward Falling by Cammie McGovern, A Madness So Discreet by Mindy McGinnis, Wolf by Wolf by Ryan Graudin, Popular by Lauren Urasek, The Accident Season by Moira Fowley-Doyle, Things I Can't Explain by Mitchell Kriegman, How to Be Brave by E. Katherine Kottaras, Rules for 50/50 Chances by Kate McGovern, The Trouble With Destiny by Lauren Morrill, and My True Love Gave to Me by Stephanie Perkins 

The books I managed to read in December:
-My True Love Gave to Me edited by Stephanie Perkins
-Fat Dad, Fat Kid by Shay Butler and Gavin Butler
-In Real Life by Jessica Love
-What's Broken Between Us by Alexis Bass

December was kind of bad for me, reading-wise...I don't know where the entire month went or what I was busy doing, but I only read half of what I normally read.  I definitely did not get a head start on my January ARCs like I wanted to.

The books I plan to read in January:


I know I'm aiming pretty high, but these are all books I'm dying to read!
I hope everyone has a safe New Year's Eve, and I can't wait to see you in 2016!

No comments:

Post a Comment